Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

things I love: 3 day weekends

Wrapping up a 3 day weekend down here in GA. I was actually going back and forth on whether I should leave town but decided to stay even without fully blown-out plans since I firmly believe when trying to get yourself situated and happy in a new environment you need to be physically present as much as possible. Consider: how are you supposed to make new friends and have fun, last minute adventures without being around?

I admitted to a friend of mine that this could leave me with zilch to do (good news, it didn't) but that was a risk I felt I had to take.

So how have I spent my long weekend in Atlanta? Well...

Friday I had a welcomed evening on the couch doing nothing. Completely exhausted from week 4 of my new job I think I might have had 2 glasses of wine and was out like a light. I also ate these personalized M&Ms from my friend Jessie’s bachelorette party from the other weekend.

Notice all THREE of my paper cuts??

Saturday I was productive and went to the gym then ran a few errands in the morning including getting my eyebrows threaded by a woman who I think I will be going to on a regular basis (eyebrow care is big for me). Jabeen of Jabeen Nail Care received rave reviews on Yelp for her threading services and was less expensive than I was used to so I thought I’d try her out and am happy with the work she did!

Later on in the day I met some friends at a bar to watch college football games. This picture about sums up the day; it’s probably for the best that no other photos were taken.

(Shades came home with me, hat was returned)

Sunday I had to retrieve my car which I left overnight at a bar (I am really, really against impaired driving), stocked up on groceries, then had a lazy day.

Got a little treat in the evening when there were some fireworks set off nearby which I could see perfectly from my balcony! Like every red-blooded American I love fireworks so this was a nice Sunday surprise.

See the teensy B of A building to the left of the lights?!

Monday has been pretty productive as well. I have been saying for a while now that I want to learn how to play golf in Georgia so today I found a posting on craigslist for inexpensive, used starter sets. I ended up getting a complete set, extra drivers, a bag (this totally amazing neon teal retro bag with hot pink accents!), and balls for $60. This man Albert runs a little operation out of his garage (stay with me here…) which at first seems a bit sketchy but it actually is not. He doesn’t have a website but his craigslist ad will presumable be up for a while. Check it out if you’re in the market for used clubs in good condition, he also gave me a few pointers and has some funny stories to tell: Garage Golf Operation (feel free to email me if it expires)

Back to the grind tomorrow. I like a routine so I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things and I am hoping to continue to feel more and more settled at work and in the city. I also think I will have a few golf adventures to look forward to.

So happy end of Labor Day Weekend friends near and far. I hope this post helps people consider all that can be accomplished and enjoyed during a long weekend stay-cation even if you are just building new networks in a new city!

No comments:

Post a Comment