Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

big moving milestone

Tonight marks the first night that I was invited out and declined the invite. Up until now I’ve made it a point never to decline any invitation in Atlanta since like I’ve written about in a previous post, Ive had this irrational fear that if I said no I would never get invited out again by that person. 

Maybe it's silly but it actually feels like a big milestone. I remember a similar feeling when I transferred colleges my second year. The first time that I felt like I was able to decide what I would do not because it was the only option presented to me but because it was what made me happy. 

I feel content and at ease enough in my life down here which makes me start to feel like I don’t need to do everything or do something all the time. Not that tonight wouldn’t have been fun, in fact it was one of my favorite people in Atlanta who invited me out. But I was happy working out, making dinner, and relaxing while watching Hocus Pocus. 

The fact that I grabbed drinks on Wednesday then saw a movie last night might also have something to do with it but that’s okay. Doing things those nights made me happy and doing absolutely nothing tonight makes me happy right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment