Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

no Saturday night plans = a good thing?

This past Saturday was the first night I wanted to go out but couldn't/didn't because I had no one to go out with or do anything with. 

I ended having a relaxing night in, catching up on New Girl before the season premiere, and wining and dining myself with cheap wine and popcorn. It was actually really nice. 


I've spent a Saturday night in before, that's not the point. But this morning when I realized that I am starting to feel at home in my apartment it crossed my mind that staying in Saturday was in a way one of the last things that has helped make me feel settled down here.


See, I've been living in this in-between state in preparation for my move for so long (4 months now) and I have always been on the go in some way. Breaks were so few and far between that I would almost plan out how I would spend my downtime, which sort of defeats the purpose. Having almost a solid week of doing nothing after work and THEN a night over the weekend to do nothing was in a way exactly what I needed to feel like I was unwinding in my own, new space.

I am sure that over the next few weeks if I were to have more and more Saturdays like this it would get old but for now I am reveling in the calm-ness that a more toned down social life has been affording me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment