Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

chilled? sort of

Yesterday I wrote about needing to chill the F out. I’d like to report that today I took my own advice (in a way).

This morning I went to a TRX class across town. I went earlier this week so to get there I selected what I thought was the address from some of my most recent Google map navigation entries (not sure what I should call them). Well, I realized that I had selected the wrong address when I was about 2 miles away from a restaurant I had gone to for drinks this past week. Luckily I didm’t waste that much time hough I was now on track to arrive at 10:05 for my 10am class. Anyone who knows me knows that this would likely cause me some anxiety, I hate being late for anything, especially when Im new-ish at a class, course, job, etc. 

I surprised myself and didn’t really flinch. Thinking rationally, I knew there was a 9am class so the chances that we started the 10 right on time were pretty slim. I also thought through the worst case scenario, which would be that I would not be allowed in the class, I’d turnaround, go home, and work out in the gym at my apartment. Probably one of the best worst case scenarios in the history of worst case scenarios. 

I got there at 10:02, a good 2 minutes before class started.

My ability to relax was no major success. Nothing to write home about (though I am writing here about it so technically my mom could read this -- if you are, Hi mom!!) but a small victory in the game of being more at ease.

I share this because I think it’s really important to take note of these little victories. Don’t make them bigger than they are (I promise I won’t write about my inability to follow direction or even plug in an address, or being late ever again) but take a moment, remind yourself it’s all about progress and personal growth, then move on so you can keep growing. 

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment