Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

exhausted

I am exhausted. 

I have been busier down here than I was in DC. That's probably because I've been cramming a ton in socially while getting back into the swing of a 9-5. I've intentionally made myself crazy busy based on experiences of others moving long distances and being bored or lonely. But man, I could use a break.

Largely I boil it down to this: I don't want to turn any offers to meet new people or go out for some irrational fear that if I say no I will never get invited to hang out with that person again. But also since I am super excited about this new city so I WANT to always be doing something. 

For the past few days I have been looking forward to coming home today, going to the gym, showering, making dinner, then painting my nails and watching my DVRed TV. Basically getting back into the routine of a normal work week.

It's important to put yourself out there and make the extra effort to meet new people even when it's a little bit inconvenient or you're not totally in the mood. But it's also important to remember things take time and to relax and take care of yourself! It's a balance that I continue to learn to figure out!

No comments:

Post a Comment