Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Life lesson from #1 seed Virginia





"When they have an opportunity they're gonna take it, it's just that they wanna get the best opportunity."


One of the commentators during the UVA vs. Memphis game last night said this. I find that I especially relate to this not just because I went to Virginia but because it's how I like to think I live my life; also it's how I encourage others to live their lives. 
It's important to be open to any and all opportunities but it's equally if not more important to really be looking for the best opportunities.

Like many things I like to write about this is applicable to our personal and professional lives. Professionally it's important to be up for and ready to give your all to good opportunities that may be presented to you but in parallel it's important to keep your eyes peeled for that new, best opportunity. The one that really syncs up with your goals. Often this won't just be handed to you but you often have to seek this out.

In our personal lives it's the same. Do you really want to spend a significant portion of your time with someone who's"okay" all the while wanting and hoping for something better? 

Certainly it's important to keep your head  out of the clouds and to stay grounded but there's nothing wrong with wanting and working for those really stellar opportunities, for the best things.

Shoot for the moon and Wahoowah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment