Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

What I like to do when I’m not in the best of moods

I do something kind for someone else.

Really.


Sure it’s nice to pamper or primp or have a pity party or some “me” time (I do love me some me time!) but when I’m feeling just down and sort of low for no real reason I find that showing sincere kindness to someone else is usually the best fix.


I’ll offer a *sincere* compliment to someone. Maybe a coworker’s work has been especially on point recently or maybe the new pair of pumps she just scored at Nordstrom Rack are to die for. I’ll be sure to let her know. 


Maybe I’ll write a card or send a nice email to someone I haven’t talked with in a while. We don’t stop enough and tell people we care so it’s nice to do so every now and then.


Giving really is the best gift for yourself. Giving positive feedback out of the blue or reconnecting with someone by a simple email, card, or even a Facebook post can really add pleasantry to their day, and in turn to yours. Energy is contagious, you’ll vibe off their spirit and happiness, and soon your sour mood will be a distant memory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment