Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

weekend (really whole week) recap

I should really do a whole week recap since I’ve been out and about since my kickball game last Tuesday. I’ll do some quick hits from the workweek then go through the fun things I’ve done this weekend in Atlanta!

Monday was moving day. You can read all about that here

Tuesday I played kickball. I was remote most of the day with my move so I was able to meet a few people on the team for a drink before the game. TBD if I played better with a beer or not. 

Wednesday I went to a Junior Committee meeting (Junior Committee is an organization of young Atlantans who put on fundraisers for recreational therapy for the Shepard Center; the largest event is Derby Day which is on the day of the Kentucky Derby and might be a fun weekend for friends to come visit if anyone is interested! You can read more here) then out for drinks after. 

Thursday was a slow start following the Wednesday night drinks then ended with a Levo League event. Levo League is a community for Gen Y women centered on professional success. This was the first part of a two part personal branding series that my friend put on (fun fact: I’ll be conducting the second part, more to come on that once the details are firmed up!) Read about it here. It was a fabulous night and really fun! Then I came home and had a nice Google hangout date with one of my friends from DC.

Friday I attended a marketing and technology in real estate conference downtown which was really interesting. Since I was out of the office all day I had some work to catch up on once I got home so I had a pretty low key evening (which was also welcomed after a pretty jam-packed week). The highlight was making some delish quinoa stuffed peppers. I snap chatted a picture out but didn’t save it to my phone so some of you might have seen the finished product, the rest will just have to trust that I do make a mean quinoa stuffed bell pepper.

Saturday I slept in, went to the gym, organized my still slightly disorganized apartment, then headed over to what is becoming a bar that I frequent perhaps a bit too frequently (it’s where we go after kickball and where we went after Jr Committee Wednesday) for a UVA game watching party with the alum network down here.

After that I went to Midtown to hang out with my friend who moved down here with her now ex bf (mentioned her in my weekend recap from last weekend). She had a friend visiting again (so amazing that she’s had such support from family and friends!) so I caught up with them. 

Later on I donned a blazer and a chauffeur hat that I had in my costume bin from this time I thought it would be hysterical to pick up my ex-boyfriend who I dated long distance from the airport dressed up as a chauffeur (note: he did not think it was that funny) and went out for some early Halloween celebrations. We frolicked all over Buckhead which was super fun.

Sunday I moved pretty slowly all day as a result of all of the Saturday night frolicking but made typical Sunday Trader Joe’s run. I caught up on some DVRed TV then did another Sunday night Menchie’s trip with some girlfriends (since we all had our coupons for a free 5 oz!)

All and all a good weekend, really a good week! And fired up for this week since it includes one of my favorite days of the year: Halloween! Stay tuned for my next weekend/week recap!

No comments:

Post a Comment