Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

first time back in the old hood

I wrote this post Sunday on the way to the airport after my first trip back to DC after moving. 

______________________________________


It's only been 3 weeks since I moved so the trip back may seem soon but I had a Bachelorette Party for one of my best friends. (Yup, it was a blast. Nope, there weren't any strippers)

I was wondering if (actually anticipating that) I would have feelings of being SO glad that I left DC or overwhelming feelings of regret or sadness or really any sort of feelings on the topic. I really had none.

It was amazing to see so many close friends and it was an awesome weekend. I definitely missed the ease of public transportation in DC. But I wasn't especially torn up about leaving nor was I overly assured by my decision.


I think I was trying to find or place some big meaning on this trip back but really I'm realizing that I should just let it be what it is/was: an epic, alcohol-filled girls weekend with some of my best friends in a city we all love and have ties to. Sometimes there is a grander meaning for a lot of things and sometimes there's not, and that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment